Cats/cat disappeared

Question
How many days can a cat stay far from home? Mi cat, a sterilized female, has vanished. I have last seen her 9 days ago, before the new year's celebration. I went away for a few days for holidays, left a passage open and a friend of mine came to feed the cats (I have other 3 males. On my return (3 days ago) I found the 3 males but the mother was disappeared. I tried to find her everywhere but...nothing to do! Do you think I can still hope to see her again or I have to give up?
Thank you  

Answer
Hi
No don't give up just yet, yes it is a period of time but now that you are home again you will be able to start asking around for her in case some one else has taken her in or if she is locked in a shed or something. Also your scent is back so if she is around she will be able to smell it and hopefully find her way home.

i have a web page about the things to do when you loose a cat, you may find it of further use. here

/lost-cats.html

I have known cats to go missing and still be found or return home months later, so don't stop looking for her just yet.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth