Cats/cat keeps scarching

Question
can you please tell me why my cat whos a year old keeps scratching the furniture and corners off walls taking all the wallpaper off also looking up at the walls higher up and meowing and scratching we do have a large scratch post in room that its happening to need some help on how to stop this behaviour

Answer
Hi
unfortunately some cats like to scratch more than others. It feels good to them, it stretches them and also is conditioning their claws.

there are some things you can try to stop this behavior. i have written about them on my website here /scratching-post.html

I know it can be frustrating but it is one of the things we may have to put up with as a cat owner, I suppose its just like having kids and them drawing on walls and sticky fingers everywhere. irritating but hopefully something that we can manage and will stop with age.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth