hello  i have  a  girl  cat  about 1 1/2  years  old  who  started  peein  on our  love  seat   , her  litter  box  is  cleaned  every other  day  , she;s been in heat  a few  times  already  n  we  were thinkin  this is what  she  did in heat ,but  she is  doin it  all the time  n  now  goin to  where  my husband n i sit  all the time ,  why  might  she  be  peeing  only in her litter  box n our  couch  not  any where  eles  not that i want  her  to  but  why  the couch

well this could have something to do with her being in heat as it is used as a scent marker to attract male cats.

however there are many other possibilities why she is doing this. i am often asked this question and because it is so involved i have written a web page about it which should be able to give you the other possible reasons for this behavior.

here is the page

Hope it is of some help

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.