Cats/cats

Question
hello  i have  a  girl  cat  about 1 1/2  years  old  who  started  peein  on our  love  seat   , her  litter  box  is  cleaned  every other  day  , she;s been in heat  a few  times  already  n  we  were thinkin  this is what  she  did in heat ,but  she is  doin it  all the time  n  now  goin to  where  my husband n i sit  all the time ,  why  might  she  be  peeing  only in her litter  box n our  couch  not  any where  eles  not that i want  her  to  but  why  the couch

Answer
Hi
well this could have something to do with her being in heat as it is used as a scent marker to attract male cats.

however there are many other possibilities why she is doing this. i am often asked this question and because it is so involved i have written a web page about it which should be able to give you the other possible reasons for this behavior.

here is the page

/cat-urine.html

Hope it is of some help

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth