QUESTION: cat carly has clumped up hair on her back.i have a pic of it if you want to see it. What should i do.

have you tried to brush it out yourself? If it is really tangled it may be too painful for you to do it and so you will have to take her to either a vets or a pet groomers to have it carefully removed.

Matted fur can be very painful for the cat as it starts to pull on the skin, so the sooner you can have it removed the better.

I have a web page about matted fur which you may find of further interest here

best wishes Kate

QUESTION: If you didnt no im 9 and my mom thought we should put her in the bathtub.  But the fur is pretty rough and a brush will not get through it.

that is why your cat needs to be seen by a vet or a groomers. When fur gets matted it is very painful and needs to be removed using professional tools.

Please let you mum see the page I gave you about matted fur.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.