Cats/litter problem

Question
Hi my cat tigger is a year old, and has started pooing near the litter tray, but weeing in the litter tray i am confused as to why he has started doing this, my other cat does not have this problem.

Answer
Hi
cats will use their poo as a scent marker and I was wondering if you have one or two litter trays? i ask because if you have one for two cats it could be that this cat has decided that he is not happy sharing it any more and is leaving his poo outside to tell the other cats to stay away this is mine.

It is always recommend that there are separate litter trays when there is more than one cat in the home.

Please see my web page about this issue, it also has some advice about how you may be able to stop the behavior.

/cat-poo.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth