Cats/my sick kitten

hi, my 8 week old kitten has been vomiting and has been sleeping alot today.  he seems to not have any energy.  Im not sure if he has eaten something that didnt agree with his stomach or what.  I have been giving him some water through a syringe.  Please help me

unfortunately it is impossible to say what has caused this as many things can cause these symptoms. you are doing the right thing in making sure that he is well hydrated.

Give him another day or so, let him rest. Hopefully it is just a mild infection or virus which will pass. however if he is no better by Monday i would telephone your vets for advice and possibly an appointment. young kittens can be rather delicate and prone to illness.

I have several pages on my web site about kitten care which you may find of further interest and information here

i hope he is ok again soon

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.