Cats/Cat Pregnancy

Question
My cat is 1 and pregnant. The problem is that she now sleeps most of the day, and wants to go out at night. She wakes me up sometimes at 1am. I try to settle her back to sleep but she just wants to go out. I know this isn't good for a pregnant cat. I have tried putting her out during the day so as to tire her but to no availo. How can I keep her asleep through the night and stop her going out?

Answer
Hi
I'm not sure why you say it is bad for her to go out at night because she is pregnant? Being pregnant does not mean she can not do all the usual things a cat wants to do, in fact their instinct dictates that they are more active at night time.

if she usually goes out at night and still wants to then let her, she will be fine. Don't forget cats are naturally wild animals and as such know how to look after themselves.

It is impossible to try to make a cat sleep through the night, i know I have tried in the past.

I have a page on my web site about cat pregnancy which you may find of further interest here

/cat-pregnancy.html

best wishes KAte

Cats

Kate Tilmouth