Cats/Cat downstairs

Question
Hello.

I am getting a new kitten in 3 days( 2 months old). I want to put some of
his toys and scratchers on the bottom floor to distract him from the living
room furniture. Can he go down a flight of WOODEN stairs SAFELY???
I do not want him getting any bruises or head injuries from falling down
stairs. All his food, toys, bed and litterbox are on the top floor. Also, I have
no gate in front of the stairs. Is there any other method of stopping the
kitten from approaching the staircase and falling down???

Thanks so much!!!!!

Answer
Hi
Short answer is no not really. kittens will be full of energy and curiosity and apart from making sure door are closed to them there is not much you can do to stop them exploring.

yes they may tumble but kittens are incredibly flexible and so 9 times of 10 they will be absolutely fine.

The worse thing you can do is to be over protective or to be anxious around them as they will sense this and this could be upsetting to them. So let the kitten do what they want (within reason), put away anything you dont want broken (expensive vases etc) and just have fun and enjoy your new friend.

I have lots of pages about kitten care on my website which you might find of further information and help.
here is the first page

/kitten-care.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth