Cats/cat pooping and peeing on my bed

Question
I have a male cat, 3 yrs old, have had him since he was a kitten. He has always been mean, not sure why, he has never been teased, or anything to that affect. I have an issue with him pooping and peeing in my bed. We just recently move to a new apt,and this is when he started doing this. He has been neutered, declawed, and is an inside cat. Has never been outside. Im at my wits end with him. I have asked people to adopt him, but, he is so mean that noone will take him. He hisses, growls, and basically attacks certain people that come into our home. I would love to be able to keep him, but, if I cant get this problem under control, I have no other choice.Please HELP.
Thank you,
Samantha

Answer
Hi
poor guy he sounds unhappy at the moment and this is why he is displaying this behavior. It is probably mainly to do with the recent move. My advice would be tot take him through a period of litter training using the confinement method. this helps to calm them down again and to also get used to their litter tray again.

the process is described here. i also have a page about this problem which you may find of further interest.

/cat-poo.html

/cat-litter-box.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth