Cats/cat is sick

Question
my cat had abrasions on each side of her tail i have put antibiotics
and anti itch spray on it but it seems to be getting worse i have a
cone on her so she wont lick/bite at it to make it more worse off than
it is now what else can i do for it i cant take her to the vet right now
and it seems like she can barely breath shes been laying around alot i
dont know if thats just because the cone is on her she drinks/eats
fine and going to the bathroom just fine
please help me out the best you can

thank you
mindy  

Answer
Hi
It sounds as if you have done everything you can until you can get her to the vets.

make sure the cone is not restricting her breathing and keep her quiet and comfortable. make sure she has easy access to fresh water at all times.

She may have a severe infection which is is causing the breathing difficulties or perhaps she is a little distressed. panting can also be a sign of fear.

Hope she is better soon.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth