Cats/catcolds

Question
when a cat has a cold, does it tend to smell? my cat has a
cold and she smells is it part of the cold? or she just needs
a bath?

Answer
Hi
No generally there is no smell associated with a cold unless they have lots of cat mucus coming from their nose.

Smells could me an infection but it all depends on what the smell is.

cats don't generally needs baths unless they get something on their fur they cant get off. they are not that good for the skin or fur as baths tend to wash all the natural oils out.

If the cold is particularly bad and the smell is rather strong if it were me i would be thinking about taking them to see a vet in case their is an infection.

i have a couple of pages on my website which you may find of further information.

/cat-flu.html

/bathing-a-cat.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth