Cats/cats issue

Question
With in the last 2 months my female cat (spayed) weighing about 28 lbs has wanted to lick her bottom a lot. I have had a look and at times it has needed cleaning which I have done but still at times she wants to be at it. Sometimes once she is cleaned she is fine and other times not. She is a 80% indoor cat and when she is outside she is on a harness and leash. She does chase bugs and I suppose eats some but she has always done this. Neither one of my cats have been dewormed but my male does not seem to have any of these symptoms or problems

Answer
Hi
I would recommend that you worm your cats as his symptoms does suggest he has some irritation in that area and worms can be the cause of this. Also make sure your cat is treated for fleas once a month as the rear end is also another place they can irritate.

Please see my pages here for more information

/cat-worms.html

/flea-collars.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth