Cats/cats paws

My cat, indoor cat, appears to be licking her paws excessively and has taken the fur off the paws, no bleeding just her front and back paws, no other part of her, she is 5 years old otherwise healthly, eats, plays etc
could she be allergic

well this could be anxiety or an allergy.

Sometimes over grooming is a sign of anxiety the problem is finding out what could be causing it.

I would take her to the vets to make sure that a skin allergy or a parasite issue is not the cause. If this is ruled out then you can focus on the anxiety issue.

i have some web pages which you may find of further help.

best wishes Kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.