Cats/flea infestation

Family members are getting bit.  What products are best to be using.  Frontline, Advantage or Capstar?  I hear so many opinions on each that I dont know which to pick.  Also, what do you treat the house with? A spray? Powder? Also what brand if you know which works better.  

Any additional information will be appreciated.

I use frontline for my cats and if you need to treat the house which you will probably have to do several times use any household flea powder available from the pet shop or supermarket.

I have some pages on my web site which will give you more information about this. here are the pages

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.