Cats/lump on my cat

i have a cat or kitten shes 5 months old and she just went
into heat, but i noticed today that she has a large lump its
in between her chest and stomach and was wondering what
could it be? now she very playful so i don't know if its
trauma related and I'm sure it wasn't there yesterday what
should i do?

Sounds to me like it could have something to do with her nipples and coming into season. However i dont think it is that common that they should get that big that you would notice them so much.

i think if I were you i would give your vets office a call to see if they can advise further. they may think that it is unusual enough to want to see her.

I have a page on my website about cats in heat which you may find of further interest.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.