Cats/prozac for cats

Question
I have a cat who can be very nasty at times, she can be lovable at others.  She
has a sister and they are very different in personality.  The nasty one is very
jealous of time spent with me and hisses at her sister when occupying the
same spot on my bed.  The vet had recommended prozac but the pill was
impossible to get down her throat.  I tried everything to no avail, I heard that
there is a cream that I could rub on her ears.  Do you think this would work??
Would this change her behavior?  She does alot of growling when her sister
comes in her territory.  They are both house cats. I feel sorry for the other
one who is so sweet.  Thankyou.   Joan

Answer
Hi
I am afraid I do not have any experience with giving cat prozac and so cannot comment on this.

I do have a page about cat aggression which you may find of interest.

/aggressive-cat-behavior.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth