Cats/sneezing and green mucus from nose

hi,i have a cat what had a big accident,and had to have surgery on his jaws and a broken nose.the vets said he would not have any long term problems,but its now been about 6 months and he keeps sneezing green,very smelly snot everywhere,does he need antibiotics or will it be an on going problem.thankyou

Difficult to say whether this is an infection of just a nasty cold. considering his past injury i would not take any chances and take him to the vet. If he does need antibiotics it is better to catch the infection early it will also help to put your mind at rest.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.