Cats/Fur balls

Question
Hi
My 9 month old kitty has brought up three fur balls in the past 24 hours. He doesn't seem to be having any problems vomiting them out - one minute maximum and it's all over. However, he's never had any fur balls before and I'm beginning to worry that 3 in such a short timeframe is a little excessive? Please advise.
Thank you

Answer
Hi
Yes it is a little excessive and suggests to me that he may be either over grooming or will require you to groom him more often to prevent so much hair being digested.

Hair balls can be very unpleasant for a cat and can make them feel unwell. It isn't all that pleasant for you to as you know. If your cat has long to medium fur they will require brushing by yourselves to help prevent hairballs forming.

Please see this page for more information

/hairballs.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth