Cats/Fur balls

My 9 month old kitty has brought up three fur balls in the past 24 hours. He doesn't seem to be having any problems vomiting them out - one minute maximum and it's all over. However, he's never had any fur balls before and I'm beginning to worry that 3 in such a short timeframe is a little excessive? Please advise.
Thank you

Yes it is a little excessive and suggests to me that he may be either over grooming or will require you to groom him more often to prevent so much hair being digested.

Hair balls can be very unpleasant for a cat and can make them feel unwell. It isn't all that pleasant for you to as you know. If your cat has long to medium fur they will require brushing by yourselves to help prevent hairballs forming.

Please see this page for more information

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.