Cats/Kitten not eating

I have a 10 week old female kitten that will not eat wet/solid food. She is eating
kitten milk substitute, Ensure and mom"s milk. The three litters mates are eating
and bigger than the non-eater. I mixed wet food with milk but she would not
eat. So far the Ensure has saved her. How can I get her to eat?? Thanks

Cats wean between 8 and 12 weeks of age and some are quicker at picking up the solid food habit.

Please see my page about how to wean your kitten off of his milk and onto solid food.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.