Cats/Probably sexually agressive cat?

I have a now 18 month old male neuter. He lives with an 8 year old female and a 6 year old male (he's the dominant cat).

I had him neutered at about 7 months, when he was starting to become sexually aggressive towards the female. Problem is, he hasn't stopped.
They get on reasonably fine when he's not sexually harassing her, obviously now its been going on so long she tends to grumble when she spots him and she's in her sleeping spot, and does tell him off - but telling him off doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried scruffing him as a website suggested, "no!" doesn't work, feliway didn't seem to have much effect on either of them. Spraying water at him doesn't work either unless you manage to do it without him seeing you, because he quite likes playing with water.

I'm at a bit of a loss for any stuff I can do at home now, looking at taking him back into the vet and asking if they can do a blood test for testosterone levels/go in and check that nothing went astray with the neuter.

I think it would be a good idea to have the vet check for abnormal hormone levels. Sometimes even after neutering there can be an imbalance that needs sorting out.

The tests will at the very least tell you if it is a physical issue or a behavioral one.

If it does turn out to be a behavioral one then you will have a bit of work to do trying to get your cats use enough to each other so that they no longer display this aggressive behavior. The process for doing this requires time and effort on your part but can prove very useful.

The process for this is described here

However I do think that getting him checked by a vet is a good starting place.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.