Cats/hair loss in kitten

Is it normal for a kitten to loose their hair and get a new coat?

Yes cats and kittens loss their fur all the time so it is not unusual for this to happen. Obviously it is gradually and there should be no bald spots on the coat. If this is happening then it is likely that the kitten may have a flea or parasite problem which will need urgent attention.

please see my page about cat fur loss.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.