Cats/pet peeve?

Question
Hello Kate.  Hope all is well.  A long time ago I saw a booklet about cats that had "why cats don't like to be stared at" on the cover(among other phrases).  I assume it contained facts about cats but I did not stop to read it.  Is there any truth to that statement?  Do cats not like being stared at?  Thank you for any insight.

Answer
Answer by KAte
Hi
well no animal likes to be stared at as it is a sign of aggression. But staring would mean a non blinking straight in the eye stare.

Cats do like eye contact though and if you do get eye contact with your cat it is a good idea to close your eyes briefly, this is a sign of affection and sort of saying hello. You will often notice them doing it to you when they look at you.

Cats body language etc is fascinating and if you are interested in the subject well worth reading up about. I had a book called cat watching years ago which was a really interesting read.

best wishes KAte

Cats

Kate Tilmouth