Cats/behaviour

Question
I have a two year old siamese boy and two weeks ago bought a new siamese kitten (same parents). No major problems, the kitten adores Harvey but his behaviour has understandably changed. For the last three days however. he won't eat anything. shows no interest in anything and just doesn't look right. I have had two vets check him over and they can't seem to find anything obviously wrong with him. Do you think it could be to do with the new kitten? thanks.

Answer
Hi
yes it is quite possible. Some cats can become a little depressed when situations change as they may feel a little anxious about the changes.

It is good to know that the vets don't think anything is wrong with him so at least you can put this down to behavior.

I would suggest giving your older cat a few days away from the kitten to calm down again and to give them something new to distract them from their anxieties. Some new toys or treats perhaps.

Perhaps then reintroduce the two together using the safe method to help build confidence and a relationship. See my web page here for more on this

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth