Cats/Cat Balding

Question
My male mixed-breed domestic short haired cat is 5 years old and has recently (1 month) started to bald. It started in the back of the legs and has moved to the stomach and "elbows". He has lived at this place for 2+ years and has had a new pet introduced 1.5 years ago. He is otherwise healthy, no changes in behavior. He is prone to bladder infections but none of his other symptoms are present (genitalia licking, urinating on objects, lethargy). Diesel gets monthly flea and tick prevention medicine. Is he suffering from boredom or could this be a more serious problem?

Answer
Hi
there are many possible causes of fur loss, from allergies to boredom. I therefore wrote a page about some of the possible causes which you can find here

/cat-hair-loss.html

I hope the page can shed some light on the possible cause of your cats condition

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth