Cats/Cat may have heat again

Question
My 8 month old kitten finished her first heat cycle about 2 weeks ago. Earlier today, she started calling again. I was told that cats have 3-4 heat cycles a year. Is it possible for them to have more? The low-cost spay/neuter clinic here won't start doing operations until March, so I am concerned that she could be going through it again when the time comes to get her fixed. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Answer
Hi
unfortunately yes its true a cat can be in heat for nine months of the years with only a few weeks in between each time.

However this should not make any difference to having her spayed.

I have a web page about cats in heat which you may find of further interest here

/cat-in-heat.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth