Cats/Cat may have heat again

My 8 month old kitten finished her first heat cycle about 2 weeks ago. Earlier today, she started calling again. I was told that cats have 3-4 heat cycles a year. Is it possible for them to have more? The low-cost spay/neuter clinic here won't start doing operations until March, so I am concerned that she could be going through it again when the time comes to get her fixed. Thanks for any help you can give me.

unfortunately yes its true a cat can be in heat for nine months of the years with only a few weeks in between each time.

However this should not make any difference to having her spayed.

I have a web page about cats in heat which you may find of further interest here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.