Cats/Overdue pregnant cat wheezing?

Hello. I have a pregnant cat that is less than a year old. I'm unsure of when she got pregnant, she escaped when she was in heat for a few days. For the past two and a half weeks we've been expecting her to go into labor because she is so large, her sides are so swollen in her pregnancy it seems as if she's going to burst, and it only seems to be getting worse. She eats and acts normally but she has gotten so large in concerned. Tonight while I was petting her she was purring and suddenly had a fit as if she coughed or wheezed an I automatically was worried becaue I've been worried she's been overdue for so long. Besides the strange cough/wheez tonight she has acted extremy normal, if not more lovey. I'm worried something is wrong though bcause of her size a d lack of nesting an labor symptoms. Any help would be very gretly appreciated I'm very worried but do not have the money to take her to the vet unless it is an emergency.

Unfortunately if you are not sure when she actually became pregnant it can be difficult to estimate when she is due. if you can remember when she got out and assume that this was when she became pregnant then she should be due  around about 61 to 68 days afterwards. use this as a guide. if she is past this time then i would definitely recommend that you take her to see a vet as soon as possible especially if she is having fits etc.

I have a web page about cat pregnancy which contains more information which you may find of help

i hope all is well and that you have a healthy litter soon

best wishes Kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.