Cats/mother daughter cat fights

Question
A stray had kittens in our garage and we brought one in right away and brought the mother in a year later and they fight constantly. do they not realize their relationship with one another? how do i get them to stop fighting?

Answer
Hi
cats do not have the same attachments to each other regardless of their relationship as we do. If they are both un spayed / neutered then they will fight, mainly due for territory and competition etc. Having them spayed etc would help this situation.

They may also benefit from being introduced to each other slowly and in a controlled manner as this helps to build confidence in each other without the fear of attack.The process is described here

/introducing-cats.html

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth