Cats/runny eyes

Dear Kate,

I have an 8 yr. old white himalayan whose eyes started to have a discharge about 8 weeks ago.  I thought perhaps he  was allergic to something so we changed his litter.  The discharge has continued.  Is there anything I can do to help him out?

Thank you for your reply.

there are several conditions associated with the eye and only a vet can diagnose properly.  I do have a web page about eye problems which you may find of further help and advice

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.