Cats/Cat just had kittens

Question
Hello, please help!

My cat has just had kittens at 4am this morning and coped well, all kittens fine and sucking the milk ok,  however my partner has just watched her take one of the kittens upstairs to the bedroom leaving the other 3 downstairs, he took the bed with the 3 kittens in up to her and she hissed at him, so he left them to it, I have a dog and another cat too, is this because she wants to be out the way of everyone to get on with it? is it normal after giving birth?  thank you

Answer
Hi
yes this is absolutely normal. Often a cat will move their kittens to what they feel is a safer place.

yes leave them alone for a few days so that they can settle down together. the mother cat needs time to adjust to her new family etc.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth