Cats/Cat labour

Question
Hi, my cat went into labour and gave birth to 2 kittens about 6/7 hrs ago but she is still very swollen and when I have felt her belly there still feels to be at least another kitten still inside! She does not seem to be contacting or in any pain or distress but I'm not sure what to do next? Is this normal? How long Can a cat go between deliveries?

Answer
Hi
yes there can be several hours if not more between births, so it may be that she will give birth to another one later. however if your cat seems to be in any distress ie pushing with nothing happening, or crying out then i would advise telephoning your local vet for advice. If there is a problem then a vet is the only one who can help.

i hope by the time you receive this reply all is well

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth