Cats/cat died

Question
well my cat was two years old, he was an inside cat but went outside too. he was sick for about a week i noticed. whenever i would pick him up he would meow so i left him alone, his stomach was doing weird things and moving weird. one night i turned around and he was sitting there with foam coming out of this mouth, i started crying and brought him upstairs and my dad called my mom and he told me not to touch him because of what was coming out of his mouth. he was walking and then would lay down, he kept trying to get up and walk around but it looked like because of the foam he couldn't breathe. my mom rushed home and we grabbed him and rushed to the vet. on the way there i think he died, he meowed one last time in the car. i'm really just unsure of why this happen. he was always healthy, i thought. it was so random. while he was sick we didn't take him to the doctor because my mom and dad thought he would be fine but he wasn't. i'm just curious what happen to cause his death

Answer
Hi
I am so sorry to hear of your cats death, it is never easy when we lose a pet suddenly.

Unfortunately there is no way to say for sure what caused his death but given the symptoms and the foam from his mouth i suspect that he may have eaten something bad outside. there are so many hazards around especially in people sheds and garages. Although it is quite rare for this to happen.

Of course this is only a guess, as i say the only real way to know would be to have an autopsy done and to be honest that really is rather expensive and what would it achieve anyway.

Don't worry yourself too much about this, life can be harsh sometimes and we just have to remember our friend as they were and move on, knowing that they are not suffering any more.

best wishes Kate  

Cats

Kate Tilmouth