Cats/what would cause a cat to vomit or expell anally pinkish thick blood???

my cat has been pretty well for the things that are happening with him for the past 3 or 4 months but today I found 2 areas in my house that had a pinkish bloody fluid and no one but the cat was in that area.. It must have came either from his anus or mouth, all so he has had sore's on his ears for the past 4 or 5 months... but the vomiting or what ever it is just happened today, I beleive that he has ear mites but have not had the money to bring him to the vet.. but If it turns out to be something serious I will have to find a way .I guess...... thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon.

the sores could be caused by the cat scratching his ears if he does have ear mites and if left untreated could cause damage to the inner ear which would affect balance etc which could make him feel nauseous. it is important that his ears are treated as soon as possible

please see this page for more information

As for the vomiting, well it could be connected but there is no real way of telling. i really would recommend getting your cat to see a vet as soon as possible. these symptoms have been going on for some time and the cat must be in some distress.

Check to see if there are any animal charities or shelters in your area that can advise about a reduced vet service.

I do hope you can get him some treatment soon.

best wishes Kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.