When my cat nibbles on my finger he licks it after he nibbles do you know why.

I don't think there is a definitive answer to your question. all cats have their own funny little ways. i have one kitten that loves to lick my fingers the other does not.

cats have scent glands around their mouth area and often they will push their mouth over something to transfer the scent this may be what your cat is doing and it looks like nibbling.

Any way it is nothing to worry about, just one of the cat things. :)

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.