Cats/hi

Question
Hi my name is Gabrielle and my cat just gave birth to one kitten.. is this normal? She was really big for being pregnant with only one  kitten. and will she only have one kitten every litter she has. Right now she hasn't been to the bathrrom and meows a lot. Please get back to me - Gabrielle

Answer
Hi
yes sometimes there is only one big kitten but also there can be a very long gap between kittens. One lady who contacted me said there was seven hours between kittens for her cat.

See how she goes and if you think there is a problem you will have to contact a vet for advice.

It is quite rare for complications but they do occur from time to time.

I hope all is well

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth