Cats/pill taking for cats

Question
I can't get my cat to take her cosequin. I've tried wet food which she generally goes nuts for. I've tried a bit of oil to mask it. I've tried dampening dry food and sprinkling it on.  Any other ideas? I don't want to use tuna.  Oh, I've also tried the "pill pockets" from the pet store. Nada.
Thanks so much,
Christine

Answer
Hi
it can be difficult sometimes to get the cat to take a pill.

have you tried the direct method? of putting it cat the back or her throat and massing her throat.

Please see my page here which has a video demonstrating this process.

/cat-first-aid.html

You can also buy a pill dispense from the vets surgery. it looks like a syringe but is designed to hold the pill and allow you to get it to the back of their mouths easier.

best wishes kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth