Cats/pill taking for cats

I can't get my cat to take her cosequin. I've tried wet food which she generally goes nuts for. I've tried a bit of oil to mask it. I've tried dampening dry food and sprinkling it on.  Any other ideas? I don't want to use tuna.  Oh, I've also tried the "pill pockets" from the pet store. Nada.
Thanks so much,

it can be difficult sometimes to get the cat to take a pill.

have you tried the direct method? of putting it cat the back or her throat and massing her throat.

Please see my page here which has a video demonstrating this process.

You can also buy a pill dispense from the vets surgery. it looks like a syringe but is designed to hold the pill and allow you to get it to the back of their mouths easier.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.