Hi, my cats recently within the last few weeks has been lifeless and he's and not energetic,his coating seems to be matter, but i dont know if its because he's mucky, he wont eat any food and is rapidly loosing weight but still drinks some water, he looks to be weak on his behind are and has an extremely runny nose, also his eyes are watering , please help because i don't know what to do as we cant afford the vets to check him out, any suggestions? i have looked around and maybe thought diabetes but not to sure, i dont want him to die please help?

i am so sorry to hear that your cat is unwell but I'm afraid there are no other solutions in this case other than taking them to the vets urgently.  

it sounds to me like it could be any number of things, from diabetes, thyroid problems, heart disease. he may even have a severe case of worms. In any of these cases he needs proper veterinary care.

Please find out if there are any animal charities in your area which may be able to help with the costs, your cat is suffering and needs urgent treatment.

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.