Cats/behavior

Question
My 2 year old black/grey tabby has always been extremely spirited since we adopted her as a 6 weed old.  She is very affectionate and playful, but in the middle of the night she knocks stuff over and attacks me by pawing at me with her claws out.  This wakes me up, of course, and I have problems getting a good night's rest.  My husband puts her in the bathroom, but he just started spraying canned compressed air on her.  We have already tried a water gun, but this caused other problems (leaky gun, this cat likes water, etc).  Do you think the canned air may eventually teach her to stop this behavior?  Thanks so much!

Answer
Hi
Quick answer is no it won't. All it may do is make her come to dislike you.

My two cats do exactly the same thing at night. we simply shut the door or put them in another room.

There is a process for disciplining cats that they do eventually understand however it does take some time and persistence on your part here is the page with more about this process.

/cat-discipline.html

bet wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth