Cats/siamese/tabby mix

RornDoone wrote at 2016-09-02 00:58:48
He looks like Ashen, my cat in days gone by. Before he was up for adoption, I visited him every day at the Pound. The most common comment I heard as random visitors passed by was, "My God! Look at the SIZE of that CAT!!!" He was 18 pounds and very muscular, no fat, and the coolest, biggest cat I have ever seen -- and the most loving -- came when called, scrambled all over on that first night to figure a way up to my loft bed. Often woke me by gently nudging my nose with his. I think the fictional "Cat Guild" would have kicked him out if they'd known he was so sweet and responsive to commands. He also had a tail about 6-7 inches long, looked like he'd been in an accident. But when I got him to the Vet, she ran her fingers along his tail and whadd'ya know, he had a "crook" on the end of that short tail, just like the crook a Siamese should have! So no accident, it was genetics. By this clue, she decided he was a Manx/Siamese. Manx are huge cats with very short or no tail.  She said it was possible for littermates to have a long tail like a Siamese, even with same markings, but it was very nice of him to have this clue into his genetic heritage.

Norman Auspitz

I can answer most non-veterinary questions about cats. My particular expertise is pedigree cats, breeding and showing. However, I am versed in feline behavior, cat breeds and their characteristics, general feline husbandry, and the like.

I judged for the Canadian Cat Association from 1975 until 1982. I am currently an approved allbreed judge for the Cat Fanciers'' Association (the world''s largets cat registry), and have been judging for them since 1991. I have been breeding pedigreed cats since 1971 and have been exhibiting pedigreed cats in shows since 1970. I obtained my first pedigreed cat in 1970 and have never looked back. In 1971, I obtained my first Abyssinian which has become my primary breed. In addition, I have bred Manx and Persians. Currently, besides the Abyssinians, I am also breeding Maine Coons.

Cat Fanciers'' Association, inc. (CFA) and the Manx, Maine Coon, and Abyssinian breed councils. I am currently Abyssinian breed council secretary.

Cat Fancy Magazine, The Abyssinian Chapter in The Cat Fanciers'' Association Complete Cat Book, and Articles for various editions of The Cat Fanciers'' Association Yearbook

I received a B.S. from Drexel University in 1968, a M.Math from University of Waterloo, in 1970, a Ph.D. from University of Waterloo in 1975, and a MBA from McMaster University in 1980. I received my approved allbreed judging status in the Cat Fanciers'' Association in 1999.

We have produced a number of Cat Fanciers'' Association (CFA) National winning Abyssinian and Maine Coons. We have produced a number of Abyssinian and Maine Coon Distinguished Merit females (an award for a top producing cat), including the first Distinguished Merit Abyssinian in the red (sorrel) color. I am the CFA Abyssinian breed council secretary and belong and/or hold office in a number of cat clubs. I am also a member of the CFA Judges Association.