Cats/pregnant cat

My cat is pregnant and we took her to the vet 3 times.The 3rd time,which was one week ago,we got xrays and they were fully developed in her tummy.She is in my daughters bedroom and she just sits by the door all day and under her chair.She isn't nesting and we gave her blankets and a box but she's not doing anything and it does seen she has discharge.Also she is eating and drinking normally.Is it possible that she is overdue?

I don't know what the vet told you about far gone he thought she was so it is difficult to say that she is overdue or not.

A cats gestation period is between 61 to 68 days so there is some leigh way there.

I wouldn't worry too much at this stage, mother nature has her own time-scale in these things and when the time does come your cat will know what to do, instinct will kick in.

i do have a page on my site about this which you may find of further help here

best wishes kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.