Cats/stray cat

Question
i have two 3 year old cats who have the freedom to come and go through an open window. Recently another cat has been following them in and eating their food sraying and my cats are frightened. I work shifts so so i am not always here, i am not allowed a cat flap. What would be less stresful for them either to close the window when i go to work which means they cant get out until i return or leave them outside for long hours at a time? hope you can give me some advice as my husband passed away three years ago and my cats are a massive part of my recovery. Thank you

Answer
Hi
Well either solution will have its down side for me I think because your cats are used to going outside they would find it hard to be left inside all day everyday. So if it were me I would put them out in the morning and let them in when you return.

when both myself and my partner worked full time away from home every day we would let our cat out all day and she became used to this routine.

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth