Cats/Is my cat pregnant?

My cat is aproximately 6 months old. She and some other cats were abandoned in an apartment some friends rescued them and i adopted one. One of the other cats was a male, and recently my cats appetite has been up and down she's been very affectionate, yet turns to biting when you touch her stomache. Her stomache seems to be growing out not down, and she seems to be looking for a nesting place at times. Do you think she is pregnant?

well yes it is possible that she could be pregnant but it is impossible to say for sure. A vet is the only person who will be able to feel safely to determine if this is the case or if she has some other problem such as worms which can also distend her tummy.

I have a web page about cat pregnancy which you may find of further information here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.