Cats/why did the last kitten died

my cat had kittens this morning how come the last one died when she gave brith to it?

sorry to hear that you lost one of your kittens.

there is no way to say for sure why one would die but often in a litter of kittens especially if there are lots of kittens that you have one that is weaker than the others . they are known as runts and often do not survive.

I wouldn't worry too much its just the way nature is sometimes.  Just keep an eye on your other kittens to make sure they are healthy.

i have some web pages about how to take care of kittens which you may find useful. here is the first page

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.