Cats/orphan kittens being constipated

i have 4 orphaned kittens got them eating kitten replacement food the powder but they are not pooping gave them olive oil and water they have not pooped in days done the warm water can get to pee what can i do nothings working i am desprite need anser asap

you did not say how young they were so it is difficult to say what is the best method for helping them.

if they are very young you need to stimulate their tummies like their mum would have done to encourage them to go. Please see this page for more information

If they are older then there are some things you can give them to help them go. Again i have more information about this on my page here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.