Cats/sister kittens getting on

two weeks ago i got a 8 week female kitten that settled in to our home very well today my partner brought home the sister kitten to my home and all they seem to do is fight . is this play fighting or a problem that needs to be sorted

well it all depends. Kittens will play fight. It is easy to tell the different. If they make noise when they are fighting like hissing and yowling this means that it is a real fight. A play fight is often silent.

If you do think it is turning nasty and is not play fighting then all you can do is give them a period of introduction to give them time to get to know each other without the fear of injury using this method.

I have two kittens and they are now one years old and they still play fight. Sometimes it can look rather vicious but there is no noise and no claws etc so I know it is only play.

Also make sure that you have the kittens spayed in a month or so time this will also prevent any fights breaking out between them.

best wishes Kate  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.