Cats/9 month old female kitten

I adapted a 9 month old female cat from the pound and she is healthy except that the tooth on each side of her mouth right behind her long front teeth still have not come in very much.  There is only enough of the teeth to see a point and that's it.  Will her teeth ever come in?  Does it make a difference if the kitten is male or female?  I had a male kitten before I got her and all of his teeth came in like their supposed to.

well at nine months she is still very young and it my just be that her teeth are late in developing.

If i were you I would wait a few more months to see if they arrive. Also make sure that she is not having any difficulty eating.

As long as she is able to eat fine I would not worry too much but it may be worth mentioning it to your vet at the next visit.

best wishes kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.