Cats/cat lost her kittens

My cat moved her kittens last night. She had them in my bedroom under the bed. She moved them some other place in the house. Now shes running around crying looking for her kittens.She keeps going into the bedroom where she had them before and crying. I've looked around and I can't seem to find them.Can a mother cat loose her kittens? Why does she keep running around crying? I'm worried about the kittens. My cat is driving me crazy.What should I do? I hope you can help. Thank you so much.

Well I have never heard of a cat losing her kittens, that would be very odd indeed. However her behavior is rather unusual and I wonder if she is concerned that she has moved them to a place she now feels is unsafe.

All i can suggest is that you watch her and see where she goes to try and track the kittens down. if they are in a unsafe place then you may want to move them for her and keep them all together for  day or two to bond.

I hope you find them soon

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.