Cats/my cat somehow got his claw ripped out

how will you know if the injury is infected... it smells a little but can you just tell me about what i should do

cats often get this injury and it should heal fine. however keep an eye on it and clean it with some warm water.

If it starts to weep or if the smell becomes very noticeable then yes it may have become infected in which case the vet will need to give antibiotics to prevent it from getting any worse.

best wishes KAte  

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.