Cats/deworming kitten

Question
We have about a 3 1/2 week old kitten, we haven't noticed any pooping as of yet but have only had it for 24 hours. Would this be considered normal and when and how much do we use for deworming the kitten since it was a stray?

Thanks, Shannon.

Answer
Hi
Well normally kittens tend to poop a lot at first so 24 hours is a bit long but then he is ina  new place and he may be feeling a little sacred to let his guard down enough to go. Make sure he gets plenty of water or kitten milk as this will help him to go, you may also have to stimulate his tummy for him as he is so young and this is something the mother cat would do to help him go. i have a web page with some more information about this here

/orphan-kittens.html

As for the worming, well i think he may be too young for that just yet. normally this is done when they get their first vaccinations around 9 to 12 weeks
/cat-vaccinations.html

Your vet will be able to advise on the quantity to give thereafter

/cat-worms.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth