Cats/Cat likes to bite on metal

I have a two year old "buff tiger" named Mr. Pooh. He is a little rascal for sure, but has one habit that I can't understand; he likes to bite on metal objects. He has done this since he was a baby. What could cause a cat to do this?

Thanks =^.^=

well he may have a touch of a condition known as pica. this is a strange habit that some cats have of eating or biting non food stuffs. unfortunately little is really known about this condition and there is little that can be done. It is however harmless as long as the cat does not hurt themselves during their munching.

i have a web page which has a little more about this here

best wishes Kate

Kate Tilmouth

I can answer most day to day cat problems encountered by owners. I have a good understanding of cat behaviour and problems which may arise from changes to their daily routine. I can advise on cat training including litter training and general day to day cat care issues. I am not a vet and therefore cannot answer medical questions.

I run my own cat website at and have been a dedicated cat owner for over 20 years. I have encountered many different cat problems and situations and feel that i have a good understanding of cats and cat ownership.

I am a platinum member of Ezinearticles where i write mainly cat related articles.

Educated to High School level and have since worked for many years in a customer support based environment, gaining vocational qualifications.