Cats/Scratching!

Question
Hi!

Cooper is the love of my life, but I can't get him to stop scratching! I've tried several spray deterrents, silver foil, and, water bottle spraying. Do you know of any REALLY good furniture spray deterrents as that would be the easiest. Also, are the STICKY PAW strips a training tool or do you have to keep them on permanently?

Thank you so much! Meow!

Answer
Hi
I know how frustrating it can be when your cat scratches your furniture. i am currently training one of mine to leave my sofa alone. generally he used the scratch post i place right next to the leg of the sofa but he still does it occasionally.

All cats are different to how they respond to different training methods, as you say there are sprays and the sticky paws. they are designed to train the cat not to use the furniture so once they realize hey this is not very nice they should stop and you should not have to use the products any more.

i have more information on my website about this issue here which you may be interested in

/cat-scratching.html

best wishes Kate

Cats

Kate Tilmouth